Tuesday, March 3, 2009

O-Ring GI Joes, Bitterness

I'm about to comit a form of self-hyprocrisy. I said on the other blog that I'm not going to buy much if any of these figs. I'm going about to make a whole reversal of that perogative. In the past 7 years, I've spent nearly $100 on O-rings mostly to keep the figures from 1999-2004 together. I have had little to no problems with my 1982-1990 aged figures. I believe I have only replaced about 15 o-rings in that group and most were just in the last couple of years.

I want to trade away most of the figures I bought in the last 5 years and try to swing it so I get 25th Aniversary styled figures of those same characters. I know I'll have to customize some, but I think that I broke my own rule of patience and waiting for a figure to come out.

No comments: