Monday, November 3, 2008

The Guns and Accessories of Kyle Katarn



So there's a few things going on here. First, this is the Expanded Universe Kyle Katarn figure from the original Dark Forces game. Kyle eventually becomes a Force User, Master, than forsakes it all, only to be drawn back in, only to train Mara Jade, only to have her save him from the Dark Side??? HUH??? Let's just keep him as a mercenary with Rebel leanings who's only really working so he can get into the pants of his contact/pilot/Rebel operative Jan Ors.

I did not do anything to Kyle but his previous owner (I aquired him via trade), did try something with the holster. What I did was work with his accessories. First I dyed some 25th Aniversary Cobra Officer Webgear in black RIT dye. Next, I painted brown on the Bryar Pistol. Finally I painted everythign a clean yellow, added some red dots, black line, and than weathered the rail gun before painting the handle area.

No comments: