Monday, April 20, 2009

Grunt, 25th Style



So Grunt was going to be one of the two figures I knew that would have to be custom versions were I to switch to 25th Style. The other is/was Grand Slam. Grunt was included with a TRU 3 pack but that is now way too expensive/hard to find. Since I was having an equally hard time finding Firefly, I came up with the solution, Firefly and the Greenshirt pack. Kills multiple birds with one stone, plus gave me 3 other bodies free for customs (2 taken by Mainframe and Hacker).

So I painted up, painted around the flag (a nice added detail), used the Hawk/Flash head with brown hair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul, somehow I missed this one on FFURG. Nice work. Grunt was one of the first Joes I ever had and it seemed in the early dys he was the star of all the promotional materials. I used to have a GI Joe sleeping bag. He was the "star" in the foreground with flash, scarlett and a few others in the background. Your choice of head really seems to capture his image.